Coronavirus: What You Need to know
At Camp Eagle, the safety and well-being of our staff and guests continue to be a top priority. In light of the recent concerns over the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are evaluating our health and safety procedures that are already in place and taking additional precautionary steps where needed.
We are heartbroken to share, due to the effects of the Coronavirus pandemic, we will not have regular summer programming for summer 2020. Read the letter from our Executive Director, Matt Reed regarding the cancellation of Summer 2020 programs here.
This page is to serve as a resource to help answer questions and concerns you may have regarding Camp Eagle and COVID-19.
Social Distancing Protocols
At Eagle Adventure Camps, the safety and well-being of our staff and guests continue to be a top priority. As a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Camp Eagle made the decision to suspend our regular summer programming. However, over the past three weeks, a lot has happened and we have another update.
In light of Gov. Abbott’s plan to re-open Texas, we have re-opened Camp Eagle for self-facilitated adventure for individuals and families. Below is a list of the protocol in accordance with the recommendations made by the Governor’s Strike Force to Open Texas updated May 5, 2020.
Here is a link to more information about this option for getting outside and enjoying Camp Eagle with the family. Our desire is to provide a safe and socially distant environment that allows families to get out of the house and enjoy sunshine and spring air for a weekend.
PERSONAL SOCIAL DISTANCING PROTOCOLS - Given in writing to the guest upon arrival.
- All guests must self-screen before arriving on Camp Eagle property. Don’t attend if your temperature is 100.4F or greater.
- Do not attend camp if you have been around a person known to have COVID-19 and has not been cleared by a medical professional.
- These protocols are given to guests and are for everyone’s safety.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Stay 6’ away from others, especially avoid hugs, high fives, or face-to-face contact.
- Wash hands often for at least 20 seconds.
- Cough and sneeze into elbow or shoulder.
- Must wear face coverings inside retail locations AND use hand sanitizer upon entering.
- Must only touch the items you are purchasing.
- Bring your own mask to use as needed.
- Guests will be given resources to sanitize their Camp Eagle lodging once per day. These resources will not be provided to guests staying in personal tents, trailers, or RV’s.
- Wash hands before each meal.
- If feeling ill, especially if you have any of the following symptoms, safely make arrangments to quarantine yourself or consider ending your trip early if you are able to get home safely.
- Sore throat, cough, chills or shakes, diarrhea, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell, muscle pain, headache, fever of 100.4F or greater, known contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19.
CAMP STAFF SOCIALLY DISTANT PROTOCOL FOR RETAIL/CHECK-IN/FRONT GATE
- We have introduced protocol to ensure that our staff will not interact with guests if any sickness or contact with COVID-19 is suspected.
- We have established protocol specific to the sanitization of our retail locations according to the requirements and suggestions of the Governor’s Strike Force to Open Texas. This protocol includes but is not limited to:
- The requirement of face-covering while working retail/check-in inside.
- Attempts to increase fresh airflow when possible.
- Wash hands often
- We have a well-developed sanitation protocol to ensure that all the items in our retail area have been cleaned.
- Sanitize often touched surfaces: switches, buttons, handles for the entire retail location between shifts.
- Practice Personal Social Distancing Protocols:
- 6’ apart
- Cough or sneeze into your tissue, elbow, or shoulder
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What happens with my account?
Due to the difficulty of this time, we would like to refund 50% of deposits and 100% of additional payments. We will roll forward the remaining 50% deposit to future programming at Camp Eagle, allowing us to plan and prepare for another great season of ministry.
If you are able, would you consider donating your 2020 deposit and any payments you've made to help our ministry navigate this unprecedented financial challenge? (Camp Eagle is a 501(c)3. This option is tax-deductible. Also, the new CARES Act allows for some donations to be claimed on your taxes without itemizing.)
If neither of these options is feasible, please use one of the emails below to request a full or partial refund.
If we have not heard from you by May 9, 2020, we will assume you are in agreement with rolling forward 50% of your deposit for future programming and refunding the remaining 50% of your deposit and 100% of additional payments.
We appreciate your patience as it will take us several weeks to process the thousands of campers registered for Summer 2020.
- Group Camp - email@example.com
- Individual Camp - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Camp Eagle in the City - email@example.com
- Summer Wilderness - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Retreats - email@example.com
- School Retreats - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admin - email@example.com
Can I move my deposit over to next summer? When will the new dates be released?
Yes, you may do that. New dates will be released in June.
How long will it take for a refund to be credited to my account?
If you are requesting a refund, we hope to get your refund as soon as possible, realistically we think it will be 6-8 weeks before you will receive your refund by check. If you paid by credit card the process should be faster.
Is Camp Eagle shutting down?
Call us for information about fall retreats, spring, and summer 2021!
What options will my student/ children have to still engage with Camp Eagle this summer?
We are working through some ideas right now. We would love to hear how you think Camp Eagle can best serve you, your family, and/ or your church through this season.
If Camp Eagle has an online camp experience through Zoom or other mediums, will the cost be reduced? What will the new cost be?
Our desire is to remotely serve campers, their families, and the church at this time free of charge. Whatever we come up with will be offered at no cost to all of our camp families.
How to Contact Our Team
If you have any additional questions regarding COVID-19 and Camp Eagle, please reach out!
- Call 830-683-3219
- Send an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a Question via the Form Below